Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody

My friend HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p014 can not start . I reset cmos and It start again.  But my friend bring to his home and  he said Computer windows shows message can not boot need restart. Then computer shutdown and never turn on again.  Only led lit at inputsocket adapter. He bring it back to me , I reset cmos and it start again.  Right now I run it for 2 hours , I see some pop up at the

bottom corner for update, I close them , I do not want any update now.It still running.

Anybody help me to determine what can be the cause of problem.  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @johndoe5, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues booting into your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

As you mentioned you have issues booting into the PC and you have to reset the BIOS each time to boot into PC.

Try to restore the BIOS to default and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?                                                                                                        

Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Also, try running a system diagnostics on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are working correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues with your PC.

Please mark this post as an accepted solution for the efforts I have put into this in assisting you.

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot  Thank you forhelp

I  have run the computer for 2 days . On and off OK not anyproblem. After I reset cmos I think It boot by default. When First

time I received computer I did not have mouse and keyboard ,Computer did not turn on , no led lit no picture no fan.After

reset computer is able to turn on with picture.When my friend bring home He installs mouse and keyboard devices  and he said a message on screen It said windows need restart then it  shutdown by itselft  and never restart again.

I tell him bring it back with mouse and keyboard. I reset cmos again and It works ,  

I did not know whether Usb devices problem?  Today my friend will take back his computer and try.  I tell him do not remove

the USB device, keep them installed.Do not install printer on first day.  I am waitng his response

HP Recommended

@johndoe5

I see that you were interacting with @MrRobot. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Yes, try the steps and let me know the outcome when you find time.

I will be more than glad to assist you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yeah, every website is suggesting a software fix where you can pleasantly scroll through options on a screen and choose a recovery method or bios refresh or reinstall. 

Are you all paying attention? It's the black screen.  Why don't you try going into windows recovery with a wonderful black screen in your face and see how easy it is.? This is an advanced forum . We don't need to know how to go into windows recovery from a settings option.  Help us into any sort of interface with the PC, if not just a glimpse of it .

HP Recommended

Hi I tried this and it won’t work my baby brother put the computer in sleep mode and now it won’t turn on .. at all I tried everything possible , is there anything else you recommend ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.