Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop 750-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I turn  my computer on the HP logo is displayed; then eventually a screen with a black background and blue foreground appears stating that there has been either a Hard Disk Error or Boot Device Error. If I exit out of the Hard Disk Error, it immediately takes me to the Boot Device Error screen. I've ran the Memory and Hard drive checks many times but to no avail.

Sometimes, the comupter manages to boot up, but whenever its turned off again or an error like a windows stop code occurs, the booting problems start again.

I've had it fixed several times but the problem keeps returning, I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That type of problem indicates the hard drive is failing.  If you happen to get it to boot again under normal conditions, then image the drive before it fails for good.  It is warning you.  Get prepared beforehand with backup ot imaging software and media to backup to.  Do it now before starting the computer again.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That type of problem indicates the hard drive is failing.  If you happen to get it to boot again under normal conditions, then image the drive before it fails for good.  It is warning you.  Get prepared beforehand with backup ot imaging software and media to backup to.  Do it now before starting the computer again.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
I have the same error at the moment and I am working with HP to fix the issue.

They have replaced the harddrive with a brand new one. But I am still getting the error. It clearly is NOT a harddrive error. Especially since he harddrive does occasionally boot which is the same thing in my case.
HP Recommended

Under normal conditions, I would expect the hard drive.  There have been instances in the past, with certain models, that the motherboard had a controller issue.  It could be that also, but the tech will try to find another cause before changing out a motherboard.  If it is a model line failure, they will very apprehensive before admitting a manufacturers problem.  I do not know the amount of failures in a motherboard line since I am a volunteer and not a HP employee.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.