Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline TouchSmart 23-k027c

Today my machine refused to start up I cant even get to the bios. This happened about two years ago and i solved it by reflashing the bios. I get no HP logo the screen just comes on for about 2 seconds then goes black. When this happened before I got lucky and was able to get into windows once then flash the bios. This time I have had no such luck. I think the bios is corrupt Does anyone know the jumper settings on this machine to reset the cmos. And yes I have already tired replaceing the battery pulling the ram, hard drive etc.

It also seems the usb ports are not getting power.

😞 

HP ENVY Recline TouchSmart 23-k027c

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@z3razerviper

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that your computer is not booting up and you are unable to access the BIOS as well

I'll try my best to help you out

We can try a BIOS rollback

1. Turn off the computer.

2. With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

3. Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen is displayed or until you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

Figure : HP BIOS Update screen

Photo of HP BIOS Update screen showing a progress indicator

You can also try with Windows Key + V.

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

If the computer still doesn't boot up, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

2) Click on "Continue as guest". 

3) Enter the serial of your device. You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating your Serial Number.

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". 

6) Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try another HP 150 watt external power supply.  They have been known to cause problems like you have described.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

The system is not getting power to the usb ports so a keyboard is not working. And I dont have access to another powersupply....

HP Recommended

I found another power supply thats even bigger its a 230W and I still have the same problem any other suggestions? 😞 

HP Recommended

So back to my origional question do we have a jumper to reset the cmos.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.