Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elite Slice, power on by keyboard not working

HP Elite Slice
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have 30 of these units. It would be useful to turn them on by keyboard as the power button is small to see and press.

I simply tick the option in the bios and it should work but it doesn't, although very oddly I have got it working on 2 or 3 units but I guess it is a very specific sequence or just luck. In my 20+ years in IT I haven't seen something like this and it makes me feel like I'm going mad despite following logical steps.

All units are coming with bios 2.07 but have tried 2.08 and the most recent 2.11

Have tried replcating the bios settings from a one that works to one that doesn't and that doesn't work

Have tried reseting the bios to default settings

Have tried just using the mouse in the bios rather than the keyboard

Was going to log a support request, but it just leads me to a bad url with "page not found"

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elite Slice, power on by keyboard not working

Found my own answer. Only the bottom usb port will enable the wake from keyboard (or course I should have just known that!). Also if you've already set the keyboard to wake in the bios before you plug the keyboard into this port you may have to re-set the option in the bios. Be sure to save before you exit. Alternatively you can also power on with the mouse button if you plug this into the same port instead of the keyboard.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation