Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Desktop Mini PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there.

We have an HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Desktop Mini PC (ENERGY STAR) that won't detect any HDD. We have tried 2 brand new HDDs and 3 known good working ones but when we run the onboard diagnostics we get the following EM:

SMART Check : Not Installed

Short DST : Not Installed.

Like I have said we have tried all the HDDs in other 800 EliteDesks and all the HDDs pass the onboard diagnostics until we put them into this one unit. 

Does this mean the System Board is faulty or are there some tricks to try before we go down the replacement System Board route?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Have you tried all SATA ports on the MB? I did not check HP specs so I don't know what you have.

It sounds like you may a MB SATA controller problem.

You could pull/replace the MB CR2032 battery and see what happens.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Have you tried all SATA ports on the MB? I did not check HP specs so I don't know what you have.

It sounds like you may a MB SATA controller problem.

You could pull/replace the MB CR2032 battery and see what happens.

Regards

HP Recommended

I would never have thought of removing the CMOS battery but I did and it worked.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Good to see you have SATA again.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.