1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitedesk 800 G3 crashes constantly

Elitedesk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have a HP Elitedesk 800 G3 7700/16GB/GTX1080 that has been crashing constantly for the last week or so. 

Without any warning the screen goes blank and the fan starts blowing at full speed. 

The crashes seems to be quite random, and can happen with just a blank desktop with no programs open, when I'm working in Adobe Premiere, or even before I have logged on. 

Anyone have an idea? Could it be related to a Spectre/Meltdown fix? I have tried removing the latest windows updates with no luck. I have also updated to the latest nVidia drivers. 

Since it just goes black and the fan kicks in full speed, I fear it is hardware related. 

Any tips would be very helpful. 

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitedesk 800 G3 crashes constantly

> Without any warning the screen goes blank and the fan starts blowing at full speed. 

> The crashes seems to be quite random, and can happen with just a blank desktop with no programs open,

> when I'm working in Adobe Premiere, or even before I have logged on. 

Those symptoms seem to be the motherboard "resetting" itself, and then restarting.

When the computer restarts, the fan does start-up at 100% of its speed, until the motherboard measures the temperature of the motherboard and of the processor, and tells the fan to slow down, because a smaller amount of "cooling" will be ample.

Reboot, and launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics, and run all the tests, to look for any hardware-related problems.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation