Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-b025xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All

I bought a Envy 34 curver All in one desktop.

It works fine but in recently I found its wireless charging to be none working,

sometimes my iphone X wont be charging so I put my wife iphone X and it doesnt charging also,

I know its the computer problem.   Retriving on web there is other solved it by upgrading BIOS.

So I download SP92487.Exe from offcial HP site.

after upgrade nothing improved and I found the sound card device are missing.

I want to downgrade BIOS to any former version,But the formated USB device dont contain boot I/O files.

Could anyone solve this?

Just bring my computer back with sound card and wireless charging.

Thanks anyway.

no sound card deviceno sound card device

system infomationsystem infomation

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mainhead,

Welcome to HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you are having issues with sound not working on your new HP Desktop. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you checked the physical connection? Did you try to run the Microsoft Sound Troubleshooter.

Have you tried to check if you can hear sound while using the headphones?

Have you tried to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP support Assistant.

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the PC: 

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to uninstall the audio drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Then check the box delete the software for this device.

Restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Once done, restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to run the audio test from the F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete. Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

If the audio test passes then the evidence indicates towards a software issue. In that case, you may perform the steps as described in detail from this link: HP Desktop PCs - No Sound from the Speakers (Windows 😎

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Singh

Once I clieck the red speaking logo the Microsoft sound troubleshooter begins.It comes nothing cause there is no sound board dvice in BIOS.

I tried headset,there is no sound in any appliactions.

I tried UEFI speaker test,I can hear beeps clearly,there is no problem of hardware.

The only thing is there is a maybe a bug in F.32 version Bios on the desktop.

I hard reset it,there is a change,

I know many of asus and gigabyte motherboards has a twin bios.it be easier to recover from old bios version.

but this computer seems dont have twin bios.

If I download old version,it wont proceed declaring it cant overwrite newer version.

the software update wont help because there is no sound board device from software view.

All I want to do is recovering its bios to former F.24.

I created a hp bios recovery USB flash drive,there is no bootable file so the system prompter no system in dos like screen.

I even want to flash it manually with hpbiosupdrec64.exe -f0826A.bin but it does nothting or say missing signature file,

I think all the problems source from BIOS bug.

hardware is fine.

can you advise how to restore the bios to F.24?

I probably recover from recovery partition but I dont think it will restore bios to old version.

thanks in advance,

hp bios update and recovery.pngno bootable filesno bootable files

HP Recommended

@mainhead,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you contact HP phone support for further assistance..

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Went to Bestbuy geek squad,the engineer opened windows device manager and fixed it.

Solved.

HP Recommended

@mainhead,

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.