Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 34 won't power on out of the box.

V9B32AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows XP

I purchased a brand new HP Envy 34. After taking it out of the box and plugging in the Power Adapter (which lights up green), there were no lights on the computer and it would not turn on at all.

I have tried several different outlets with no luck. After spending $2,000 dollars, I expected to receive a working computer and am thoroughly disappointed & frustrated with this situation. 

Craig C.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Really? :Wink:

It is disappointing that it does not work.

The good news is that the computer comes with a warranty.

First, take it back to the retailer who sold it to you, and exchange it.  Any honest retailer will do that.

If necessary, contact HP Support, and get them to trouble-shoot, and then either repair/replace it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The computer was purchased straight from hp.com, so the best they can do is send an on-site technician to come look at it on Monday.

I hate that after sending a defective computer, the best they can do is send a person 6 days after I got it.

I called the support line 3 times and no one could tell me the turn around time for a replacement.
Craig C.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I hate that after sending a defective computer, the best they can do is send a person 6 days after I got it.

I understand that you "unboxed" it on Friday, and called HP Support the same day.

So, the "next business day" will be Monday.  That is as good as it gets.

But, that's not 6 days ?!?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I received the box Tuesday evening and spent that night and Wednesday trying to figure out why I wouldn't work.

Wednesday evening I called customer support 3 times and all they could do was send a technician in 2 business days, but haven't sent any kind of confirmation email or anything that it is actually happening.

Also, I'm not sure why you're trying to defend them so vigorously when this is clearly a huge blunder of both product and service.
Craig C.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation