Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 700-414 will not boot.

HP Envy 700-414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No recent changes that I know of where made, but after restart computer goes right to a blue screen asking for a keyboard layout, then to trouble shoot or turn off your pc.  when I try to do system restore it says  I need to select a windows installation and no  way to do that.   I do not have the orginal disk and failed to make them when i purchased the computer new.  Any help would be appreciated,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,414 22,358 2,046 4,888
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bl1967

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Unfortunately, this is not an easy problem to fix -- as here is a link to  a thread containing a list of fixes:  https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-windows-10-stuck-at-choose-your-keyboard-layout-screen/

I would try Methods 1. then 2. then  3.

If none of them repair the issue, then a reinstall would likely be needed, and that would be Method 4.

I would recommend against downloading and installing any software from that thread.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These fixes seem to assume i can not get pass the keyboard selection, which i can.  When i go into troubleshoot and try the system restore i get this message.  "To use system restore, you must specify which windows installation to restore. "  All you can is press ok and you are taken back to the troubleshooting menu.  please advise

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,414 22,358 2,046 4,888
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bl1967

In order to do a system restore, you must have one of the following:

1) One or more System Restore Points

2) An image backup of the system

Since you appear to have neither of these, then you can not do a system restore.

Can you get to a desktop?

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation