Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Following an HP suggestion about a security vulnerability, I flashed the bios on my HP Envy 700-515xt. The computer won't start. I tried several key combinations, including win key + B key;  none of them worked.

This is terrible. HP ought to be more careful.

Is there a way out?

Thank you,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@robtkatz,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue and I sure they will assist you in this regard.

Please follow the steps provided in my previous post to contact phone support.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@robtkatz,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows after a bios flash.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://hp.care/2iCzhMD

If the issue persists, I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link: https://hp.care/2moMFSc

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded the bios file. When I double click it, I do not get an option to create a recovery flash, rather the program seems to want to upgrade the bios on the current machine!

HP Recommended

There are instructions for making an HP BIOS recovery flash drive for a laptop, but not for a desktop, which is what my HP Envy 700-515xt is.

I went to the phone support page early this morning, filled out information, but haven't heard back.

I had no trouble with the computer It was running fine. I just was on the HP support page and it suggested upgrading the bios in the name of better security.

Thank you,

Robert

HP Recommended

@robtkatz,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you contact HP phone support to further diagnose the issue and I sure they will assist you in this regard.

Please follow the steps provided in my previous post to contact phone support.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got an HP case number about 7 hours ago, but no phone support yet.

HP Recommended

I found an HP support number, quick response. They're sending me a BIOS recovery kit, $60.00 overnight.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.