Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy 750 will not power up

HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-115no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer, HP Envy 750, have been working fine for more than one year. I usually shut it down each night, but one morning a few days ago it did not power up. It was dead except for the steady green light on the power supply.

I did try the guide "no power or no boot guided troubleshooter for HP computers" but did not come to any solution.

So I have tried different cables, with disconnecting everything, clear CMOS, removing the 300 W PSU to use a Corsair 650W PSU. Nothing helps. Computer is not starting. No fan, no sound, no light except for the green light on the PSU.

Is the power on button itself known to fail? Any other hints to what might be the problem?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,078 6,064 573 1,283
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Lasn,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Power switches can fail.

You stated you tried different cables, with disconnecting everything. Not sure what that means.

You tried a different PSU. You cleared CMOS. All very good troubleshooting steps.

Reboot the PC after performing each of the following troubleshooting steps:

Try booting the PC with only a monitor, keyboard, and mouse connected.

Remove all RAM.

Try one stick of RAM in each memory slot.

Disconnect all internal SATA and USB devices (SSD, optical drive, memory card reader, and the HDD).

Remove the graphics card. Try onboard graphics.

No change in system behavior suggests you have a system board problem or a power switch problem. Processor failure is very unusual unless you have removed/reinstalled this component and have bent pins on the processor socket. The processor would still be okay but you may have damaged the socket.

Contact HP Support or have a local PC tech take a look. A PC tech should be able to locate the motherboard F_P power switch pins. Then either short them or attach an external power switch to determine if the power switch has failed.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation