Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy h8-1413c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just installed a new Samsung 860 EVO in my HP Envy desktop computer and trying to boot it up using a new Windows 10 Home Premium for OEM disk i get a message (Start PXE over IPv4) and then it tries (Start PXE over IPv6) I have tried F8 and it reads Start Menu off to one side but won't open the start menu. I have tried a windows recovery on a flash drive and will get a message (No boot disc discovered)  What am I doing wrong???  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SUCCESS:::  Thank you for all your response and help. I dug out my vintage HP XW6200 Workstation and was able to install the Windows 10 media file onto my USB flash drive. The flash drive then loaded Windows 10 on my new Samsung SSD. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, the BIOS on the other hand....

I would go into the BIOS at Power On and check the Boot Sequence

BIOS Boot2 .jpg

Also my next try would be F9 at Power On to select the appropriate device.

To create a W10 boot disk I would use the Microsoft Creator Tool if possible, as some other USB writers can get their boot code wrong.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
and a HOW2 is here...
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/install-windows-10-from-usb

if in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and help.  However I have tried several times to create a windows 10 boot disk or the Media Creation Tool and I keep on getting the error code 0x80042405-0xA001A. So I am unable to get this new SSD up and running. And I am unable to boot with the new Windows 10 Home 64 bit full version disk. 

HP Recommended

> I have tried several times to create a windows 10 boot disk or the Media Creation Tool

> I keep on getting the error code 0x80042405-0xA001A.

Did all the tries originate on the same computer?

Can you get a friend to use their computer to download Windows 10, and create the bootable USB memory-stick from their computer?

HP Recommended

Hi

Right click downloaded ISO to Mount to run Setup for Upgrade, or to have media  Burn ISO to DVD using Windows Image Burner, to flash stick using Rufus choosing UEFI/GPT if you have a UEFI BIOS, or Legacy BIOS/MBR. 

This media can be used for Repairs, running the Upgrade from desktop (right click Setup to Run as Administrator), or doing the superior Clean Install Windows 10 Upgrade.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209   

You go thru to Create a USB Flash Drive - Options Download ISO or Create Flash drive.

I use AnyBurn to make a DVD from the .ISO but it would equally make a USB.

The iso is an extra coupla steps, but it may be the solution.  8 GB USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

SUCCESS:::  Thank you for all your response and help. I dug out my vintage HP XW6200 Workstation and was able to install the Windows 10 media file onto my USB flash drive. The flash drive then loaded Windows 10 on my new Samsung SSD. 

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.