Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy TE01-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased the HP Envy TE01 last December. Just lately when I try to start up the PC all I see is a blank screen. I have an external back up hard drive and that lights up as usual. To get the PC to start up and have to shut the power off then start up the PC. That works most of the time. Any ideas how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Praveen:

Thanks for the prompt response.   I think I solved it.  I unpluged my external hard drive.  Upon restart, the PC starts as normal - no problems for the last two days!  Does that action make sense to you?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BJ88 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a black screen.

Please attempt the below steps: 

Attempt a BIOS recovery 

  

If the above steps work and the display turns on/if not, use an alternate monitor and then: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side. 

  

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance: 

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank: Click here 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Praveen:

Thanks for the prompt response.   I think I solved it.  I unpluged my external hard drive.  Upon restart, the PC starts as normal - no problems for the last two days!  Does that action make sense to you?

HP Recommended

@BJ88

Thank you for the update.

In the future, if you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.