Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy X6G04AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP all in one is giving off three long beeps when it starts up followed by three high pitched short beeps. I have done a hard restart but then just the HP startup screen comes up and then it goes blank. Trying another restart starts the beeps up again. It’s an endless circle. Help!!
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Those beeps are known as beep codes and usually it is because of a hardware failure.  If the PC is still under warranty, start a repair request.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
It isn’t under warranty so I need more help than that.
HP Recommended

Since this is an AIO with no DVD/CD drive, it is going to be a challenge.  First thing would be to expect a memory problem.  If there are two memory sticks remove them and then test one at a time with the diagnostics routine in the startup menu.  If you cannot even get that far, it might be better to visit a repair shop.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I agree with the Other Person  who suggested a RAM problem.

The "3 beeps" is described as such at HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - BIOS Beep Codes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.