18 13 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Intel Xeon Server

HP Z220 Workstation.
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Hewlett Packard 😉

i was given a HP Z220 Desktop Workstation and i have taken out the Graphics Card "NVIDIA NVS 310" the PC works fine when i put the Graphics Card back in. i want to use Onboard graphics with my DVI Cable which there is a DVI port on the back. i want to install a Different operating System Windows XP Pro SP2 x64

i do not have a DVI Cable that fits into the Converter "DVI to Display Port" as it has two different connections i have a HP v185es Monitor which uses Only VGA i have a VGA - DVI converter but that doesn't work with the DVi - display port. 

What can i do to get Onboard graphics working??? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 2
14 11 0 3
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Intel Xeon Server

You will probably need to go into the BIOS and find a way to switch the default or primary graphics adapter to the onboard one instead of the dedicated card. You should then be able to remove it and still get video output.

As for the video output ports, it appears this model has a DVI-I and DP ports. DVI-I is capable of either analog or digital video output, while DP is only capable of digital video output. I don't understand what you were trying to do with these cables you mentioned. Regardless, since you mention a VGA only monitor, you will need a DVI-I to VGA passive adapter as this is the only video output on the system that supports analog video output. An example of one of these can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DV-I-VGA-Cable-6-Foot/dp/B074DM8BF1/

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation