4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

HP LAPTOP NOT BOOTING TO THE DESKTOP

HP Recommended
HP 250
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HOW DO I MAKE THE LAPTOP BOOT TO DESKTOP? WHEN THE SYSTEM WHANTS TO START IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY SHOW (PREPAIRING AUTOMATIC REPAIR) THEN IT WILL SHOW  LOADING FILES......     AS IF YOU WHAT TO FORMAT A SYSTEM.

5 REPLIES 5
MasterTechGuy
Level 6
175 171 11 17
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could try and press safe mode button normally f8 and go to safe mode see if that loads up then once logged in to safe mode log back out and restart you computer. This may help you sort the problem...

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Likilesh
Level 3
37 37 2 7
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

turn on the computer and press F8 key continuosly it will give you the safe mode option

Select "Last known good configuration" or "Start windows normally"

Claudias-laptop
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing. Just spiraling prep auto repair. So upsetting

0 Kudos
MasterTechGuy
Level 6
175 171 11 17
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there I am back after a brake, anyways I read your post and was wondering have you solved this issue? 

If not then try downloading a windows 10 iso disk preferably x64 depending on motherboard support. Then burn that on a usb pen which is far better then disk, use a programme called rufus its free! Once done that go through useual setup process and see if that solves the issue. 

If you don't want to do that then trying loading up safe mode by pressing f8 during boot up process, if this lets u do it then remove any recent software installation, then that should solve the issue. Its more then likely something you installed recently that don't like it. 

Let me know how u get on. Thanks

0 Kudos
MasterTechGuy
Level 6
175 171 11 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did that work?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation