Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OBELISK DESKTOP 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

So Ive had this problem for a while now. My HP desktop is having trouble starting up/booting. I turn it on, light and fans turns on, screen is black and nothing really happens after this.

After several tries of turning on/off and unplugging the PSU cable for a while and replugging it, it eventually turns on. This can take anywhere from 10min to 1 hour. Sometimes when I get the PC up and running. There will pop-up a light blue/teal box saying something like "CMOS checksum error" click Enter to restart, it restarts and everything is running fine, until I eventually have to boot up the PC the next day again. Also important to note, lately the time on my PC is at the time I turned it off the previous day, I click update time/date and it goes back to normal.

I had the PC sent to reparation at the local shop. They found no issues what so ever, they said it booted up perfectly fine, they then checked each component by itself to try and find the reason I got this error and trouble booting. They found nothing. We talked about it maybe being the PSU, but since it ran fine at their shop, its hard to tell.

Also important to note, I have tried other outlets in my home and changing the powercable.

I hope you guys can help me, this is really frustrating and I dont want to invest in a new PSU if this problem will still occur. I also forgot to mention, its only 6-7 months since I bought this PC as completly new.

Thanks for reading my issue!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The system is losing time and you get a CMOS checksum error.

I would try replacing the CR2032 motherboard battery. This will reset CMOS and you will have a new MB battery.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.