Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN GAMING - 8CG90211VC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello dear community,

I have a 6 months old HP OMEN for gaming. Worked fine until it stopped and it did not start anymore.

It powers up, fans start, lights are on. Then  it makes a regular pattern of loud BEEPS (3 long and then 3 short).

Nothing appears on screen.

From your quite useful manual : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

It seems that it is a problem due to the graphic card (I have only a non-integrated configuration).

Do you confirm my analysis? I should bring it to my seller to go to warranty? Correct?

Thanks in advance. Wish you a perfect day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You are correct. A discrete graphics card initialization problem is causing this error.

You could reseat the graphics card and check/reseat PCIe power supply connections to the graphics card.

You could also try onboard Intel graphics to verify the motherboard is okay.

I would also use the warranty since your PC is six months old.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You are correct. A discrete graphics card initialization problem is causing this error.

You could reseat the graphics card and check/reseat PCIe power supply connections to the graphics card.

You could also try onboard Intel graphics to verify the motherboard is okay.

I would also use the warranty since your PC is six months old.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.