OnlineAdel
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Omen 30L reboot at random

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So a month back I bought a OMEN 30L Desktop GT13. Less than a week after it arrives the screen just goes black and reboots. No bsod or anything. At first I thought it was widows update going into action without warning but then a few days later it does it again just randomly while I was watching a video. One time it happend while I was using the omen command center. It never happend during gaming untill today. And that was at the beginning. It can't be a heat issue as I'v been able to run games for hours with no problems. So I check my event viewer just to see if I can find a clue.

This is what is said:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffffa986091dc010, 0xfffff8017d2aee28, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 1f9ebb28-cdcf-4040-be28-d2923b8a3faf.

I in turn found that the error meant: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. Is my graphics card faulty?

I run a diagnostic check and find no error anywere. Everything works fine apperently. I tried uppdating the graphics card though the geforce experience app. even pressed clean install. It did not work. I reinstalled mcafee and chrome (At first it only happend while using chrome). No change. I run a clean install while choosing to keep my files and today I find it had no effect.

My specs:

RTX 3080

Intel i7-10700K

32 GB RAM (2x16)

PSU: 750W, platinum. Cooler Master

Monitor: Omen X 27 (2560 x 1440, 240Hz)

Anyone else with this problem and how did you solve it? Cuz I'v given up all hope that I can solve this myself after a fresh install. Also aready tried disabling automatic restarts. Did not change a thing. Most of the times the pc do not turn off fully when restarting other times it does and then reboots. There has also been cases that the pc shuts down at startup and then reboots which I find odd... It works after but why did it decide to lose power at the start?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation