Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Question1: When I boot it takes about 2 minutes before I can access Task Manager and then in there HD is at 100%  and it stays this way for about 5 minutes.  I installed all the updates for it from the HP tool but it is still slow to boot. Is there something that  I am missing that I need to do to fix this?

Question 2: I also can not figure out how to get into the BIOS on this machine. None of the normal keys seem to get me in. 

Question 3: How do I find the information on the Motherboard to see it it will support a NVME  SSD.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To answer the questions

1) The slow boot time and hard drive activity could be normal but it could also mean the hard drive is starting to fail.  Since it still boot up, then now is the time to fix it before it fails.

2) To get into the BIOS on the HP, start tapping on the Esc key before pressing the start button.  Keep tapping Esc and then press the start button.  There should be a popup menu with a choice to enter the BIOS from that popup menu

3) To find info about the possibility of NVME SSD.  I went to Crucial.com

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/omen-870-244

You can see there are possible choices and

These upgrades are guaranteed compatible when you order from Crucial.com

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.