Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880-028na

Hi,

I'm currently working on an insurance claim for this HP Omen 880-028na with a Higos Board (SSID 8309) in which had a corrupt SSD, drive was replaced and OS reinstalled, a technician then updated the bios but had become corrupt - Now the desktop only powers up with the LEDs on show, then either does 8 long beeps, or 2 long 2 short - I have attempted the BIOS recovery with the correct SSID BIOS recovery USB, clearing the CMOS, using WIN + V as well as trying WIN + B but literally nothing shows up on the display. 

I'm unsure on what else to do - I had a replacement motherboard ordered in by a HP Official Parts reseller in which that board did the exact same thing. Is there any specific way of updating this bios when there is no OS installed. I have read up the BIOS updating/recovery threads but literally none whatsoever work.

Any advise on this would be helpful!

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Alex97Lewis
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, it's not possible to update or flash the BIOS when OS is corrupted. 

And, also you can ship the computer in for repair.  I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, I have used a HP laptop to install a fresh version of windows onto an SSD which boots fine. As I now have a working OS on the drive, it still does not update or flash the bios, just either 8 long beeps, or a 2 low 2 high bios beep. Is it possible to flash the bios now that I have a fresh version of windows on a new ssd?

HP Recommended

@Alex97Lewis

Thank you for posting back. 

It is not possible now to flash the BIOS, you need to send the computer in for repair in order to fix the BIOS issue.
HP service center will flash the BIOS for you.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.