• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omni 120-1110ea All in one powers on, intermittent black screen

HP Omni 120-1110ea

I have a HP Omni 120-1110ea All in one desktop computer over the past few weeks it has stopped turning on, sometimes it powers up and works (rare occasion) most of the time it powers on but there is just a black screen, any ideas on what this may be? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,391 2,258
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omni 120-1110ea All in one powers on, intermittent black screen

@Lunn3107,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues with the Omen all in one PC. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did it happen after a recent software update or Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the PC

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Next thing, I would suggest here to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP and Compaq All-in-One and HP TouchSmart Desktop PCs - Screen is Blank after Starting the Computer

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation