Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION DESKTOP 24 ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Desktop Has issues powering on once it goes off... The Led light behind shows that there is power coming in, but I press the power button, It doesn't come on nor does the light on the button come on.

But once you plug a device to the desktop, it powers the device while it is still off and hasn't booted yet

Please help what do I do? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Andymaking -- replace the power-supply.

It must simultaneously supply different voltage-levels to different components. 

If it is failing, it might be supplying power to the USB ports, but not supplying power to the motherboard.

Or, the motherboard is failing, or the processor is failing.  It's much easier to try a different power-supply than it would be to try a different motherboard, especially for an "All-In-One" desktop computer.

Is it an external power-supply? Can you use a multimeter to test the output voltage and amperage from it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.