Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pav 590 Click sound during PC Off

Pavillion 590 p0050d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just recently purchased a HP Pav 590 Desktop Set and just wondering if the Click sound during PC Off or Shutdown is Normal? It was really annoying because my 8th Year Old HP Desktop doesn't have that kind of sound.  I don't know if its a defect or a feature of the Power Supply.? Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I just recently purchased a HP Pav 590 Desktop ...

How recently?

Contact the store that sold it to you.  Do they offer a "30-day-no-questions-asked" return/replace policy?

The HP Warranty should be valid for one year. So, Contact HP to open a claim against the warranty.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Here in the Philippines we only have 7 days replacement period. Unfortunately, mine had already past that period.  The store will just say It's Normal because theyre into sales only, Otherwise i will have it checked by HP Service Center which is very from my Place. Just wondering is theres someone here who have this experience or someone who could tell that it is normal for new desktop now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dsingh_ph wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Here in the Philippines we only have 7 days replacement period. Unfortunately, mine had already past that period.  The store will just say It's Normal because theyre into sales only, Otherwise i will have it checked by HP Service Center which is very from my Place. Just wondering is theres someone here who have this experience or someone who could tell that it is normal for new desktop now.

It would not be ethical to purchase a second, identical, computer from the same store.

Then, return the first computer, claiming that it is the second computer.

Please Contact HP to open a claim against the HP Warranty.

No, it definitely is not "normal" for a brand-new computer to have problems.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation