Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion elite HPE - 360z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

help

Ten year old e9300z with raid 1.  I recently had a disk die.  Getting BIOHD-8 error.  System will not boot, won’t boot from USB, won’t boot from DVD.

i have an identical backup hard disk.  Can I simply replace the bad drive with a new one?  Will this old pc automatically recognize the new blank drive and populate it?  I no longer have any of the original installation disks.

here is all the info I have on this old box

e9300z

HP ELITE HPE-360z

HP 618937-002 Pavilian Elite Socket

AM3 DDR3 SDRAM

H-RS880-uATX:1.01

AMI BIOS XQ21 9208 Bios revision 5.05. Core Version 08.00.15

AS#53736-001. Rev 0E

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Additional question on this motherboard.

Does anyone know how to access the Raid Bios?  I recently bought a replacement motherboard assuming a physical problem on the first one, but I need to change the raid bios to Raid 1

H-RS880-uATX:1.01 = motherboard

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.