Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23 AIO (23in Touch, AMD A10, 8GB, 1TB)23 AIO

My desktop will not power up.  I've tried all the trouble shooting recommended.  I recently moved it from one desk to another, so I powered it down and unplugged.  Replugged...and nothing. HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Very hard to provide assistance not knowing the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the problem.

Don't want to be redundant.

Seeing this happen after moving the PC to a different location suggests it may be a simple fix. Check all connections and verify you have AC power.

Regards

HP Recommended

I usually put PAV in sleep mode when I quit using it.  I usually don't turn it off although our big friend SR. Microsoft gladly force feeds me updates regularly and turns it off for me. Also, I recently went on a 2 week vacation and turned off before I left. When I came back home, I turned on PAV, it worked normal about 3 minutes then went through some convulsions, shut off and came back on about 3 times.  Then it wouldn't come back on.  I waited about 5 minutes, it came back on and I tried going to some of Microsofts hardware checks. Got nothing. Computer goes off again. I tried several times to get it back on and it would flash and off again. Next time I get it up I go to HPs diagnostics and I see a few messages. I ran the system checks (6)and they all passed, and the last message was to update the BIOS, I ran BIOS update, Computer shut off. I waited about 5 minutes. Nothing.  I get on another computer, looking for help and it tells me first to pull of the power plug, hold the power button at least 15 seconds. Plug the power back in and try to reboot. All I get is twice it beeped 8 times. I pulled to cover off and replaced the CMOS battery (c2032) and still nothing. The computer is only a few months old. What is next if anyone has any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.