Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 500-123w Desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Pavilion 500-123w.  Stuck HP logo screen does not boot up to Windows 7 screen so I can login.  I tried the ESC, F1, F2, F10, F11 keys.  I have tried Windows Key + B key, Windows Key + V key and Delete + F11 + # keys on start up.  I have recently installed a new Seagate Barracuda-ST500DM002 Hard Disk Drive.  There are no visible signs of capacitor leakages or failures.  All original hardware and components are intact.  I have loaded Windows 7 on a USB drive and attempted to reload Windows 7 via a rear mounted USB port. I have already saved the files from the original HDD to my HP Pavilion 570-p023 Windows 10 via USB to IDE SATA 2.5  3.5 cable converter.  I have Google Searched every question that  I can think of to solve this problem.  Does anybody in this HP Community have any new solutions? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HeadacheHorrow6 

First off, you said you "installed" a new drive -- but that means different thinks to different folks.  So, are you using the new drive to replace the old one as your OS drive? And, if so, HOW did you migrate the OS to the new drive?

Second, you said you copied files and folders from the old drive, but that only works if these are PERSONAL files.  You can not so that for System files or for applications.  So, were you only copying personal files, or were you trying to also copy system files and/or applications?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.