Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-P020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC booted but monitor indicated no video signal. Swapped out HDMI cable to VGA cable and it worked! Used another HDMI cab!e and still worked. Installed and ran HP diagnostics and it indicated no problems. WIN 10 up to date.

But this PC is possessed by demons, aka Windows 10. I attempted to update my Recovery USB drive. Windows couldn't find drive. Then msg that a driver issue was discovered. Windows said problem was fixed but it would restart PC to finish the fix. 

PC didn't restart. It just shut off. No video signal again plus now ominous POST beeps - 2 long, 3 short ones. I can't find the code. Any help wou!d be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

Step 1 is to sort this?????

You get a LONG (MAJOR) signal category, RED LED &

then a SHORT (MINOR) signal category, WHITE LED.

Major – the category of the error; Minor – specific error in that category

The AUDIBLE repeats 5 times, and the VISUAL until power is removed.

BIOS

The embedded controller policy requires the user to enter a key sequence.

1 Follow any prompts given.

2 If issue persists, attempt Sure Start Recovery.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.