KLTRN
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion 590-p0054 won't turn on

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0054

I've had this computer 2 mos. Last night it turned off while I stepped away. It won't turn back on. I've made sure plug is on, tried other outlets both in same strip and other plugs (although monitor plugged into same power strip is working fine). 

I don't see a reset button, although not sure that would work as there's no power. Help please.

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,772 6,756 637 1,524
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Troubleshooting a new PC which is in warranty is not advisable.

Contact HP Support for warranty service (Link).

You have good AC power and all cables are connected properly. 

This means you probably have a hardware problem, motherboard, power supply, or some factory component (or a peripheral component or an internal component you may have just connected to the PC).

Try the PC in a minimal configuration using only a monitor to see what happens.

Regards

0 Kudos
KLTRN
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. I took it to Best Buy and it miraculously powered on. I had tried before I packed it up again too.  I'll see if happens again, I'll send in if it does.

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,772 6,756 637 1,524
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Keep an eye on this.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation