Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0054

I've had this computer 2 mos. Last night it turned off while I stepped away. It won't turn back on. I've made sure plug is on, tried other outlets both in same strip and other plugs (although monitor plugged into same power strip is working fine). 

I don't see a reset button, although not sure that would work as there's no power. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Keep an eye on this.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Troubleshooting a new PC which is in warranty is not advisable.

Contact HP Support for warranty service (Link).

You have good AC power and all cables are connected properly. 

This means you probably have a hardware problem, motherboard, power supply, or some factory component (or a peripheral component or an internal component you may have just connected to the PC).

Try the PC in a minimal configuration using only a monitor to see what happens.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks. I took it to Best Buy and it miraculously powered on. I had tried before I packed it up again too.  I'll see if happens again, I'll send in if it does.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Keep an eye on this.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.