Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-29-2020 03:54 PM
Thank you for any help.
I just bought this HP Pavilion Desktop.
I inserted the USB transceiver for the wireless mouse and keyboard in the computer. When I turn it on I get this message "Check HDMI-IN Cable", and then the screen goes blank. I have tried disconnecting everything, taking out the USB, and powering for 5 seconds, but that didn't work.
Do I need an HDMI cable? What kind? I have wireless Internet.
04-02-2020 06:19 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Are you connecting your all in one to an external via HDMI cable? If you're connecting your computer to an external monitor then you need an HDMI cable.
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- Step 1: Remove discs and devices
- Step 2: Perform a hard reset
- Step 3: Run hardware diagnostic tests
- Step 4: Refresh or reset your PC. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By the end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community