Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite HPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC won't power on.  At first, the green light stayed lit on the back of the power supply, but now it only flashes (no beeping) for a second or two before going dark.  Signs lead to a bad power supply, from what I can tell.  Are there any troubleshooting tests I can do to diagnose it further?  I tried searching for a power unit by using the PC model name and also by using the part number on the power unit:  DPS-460DB-3 A, but the parts brought up on eBay, Amazon, and Rakuten are a little vague about whether it is the correct replacement unit.  I know I need to make sure it is 460 watts or more, but I don't know whether there is a specific power supply unit I must purchase or if any will work as long as it has the right amount of watts.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TCMark If the LED is still flashing after the below steps are performed, the power supply is probably bad:

Ensure your device is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power from the computer

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply

Press the power button to turn on your device and check if the issue persists.

If it does, HP would recommend replacing the Power Supply Unit (PSU) and you could do that either by shipping it off to HP or by replacing it on your own,

Click here to find the universal part number for your PSU and you may order it either on the HP Parts Store or the local retailer such as best buy etc...

And yes, alternatively you may have it repaired by the geek squad as well, they should be able to help you out too, I hope.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this community has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up to say thanks}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.