Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1230z will not boot windows 10

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1230z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When the PC is powered on, it will boot to the screen with the windows 10 logo and stop there. When the Power button is held to force a reboot the PC boots up all of the way. This happens consistantly.

Is there a BIOS setting that needs to be chnage for windos 10?

the PC orginally had windows 7.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,230 26,185 2,181 3,348
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion HPE h8-1230z will not boot windows 10

@Adams-1

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the PC isn't booting into windows 10,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did the issue occur after changing the OS?

If yes, here's what you need to know:

I looked up your product specifications and found the OS supplied by HP was: Windows 7 and upgrading to windows 10 isn't possible unless you've made use of a retail version of the windows and I'm afraid that is not supported by HP. 

  

Unfortunately, I can only help you once you’re back on OEM, 

If you need assistance obtaining a recovery media, please Click here for the details. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation