Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1280t CTO Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed an SSD on my h8-1280t with Windows 10 operating system and I cannot get it to enter BIOS on start up.  The problem I'm trying to look for in the BIOS is SATA port 3 stopped working.  I moved the drive to the next port and it works fine but want to see if the SATA port is somehow diabled or faulty.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DaddySS

Welcome to our humble abode, the family and tech-friendly house of HP Forums!

I'll be your host for the day, they call me the Riddle_Decipher.

I suggest you go through this link for details on how to change the options/settings on the SSD: Click here for details.

If it doesn't work, please update the BIOS using the HP website: Click here to access it

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.  The issue is not that the SSD doesn't work, it does, but I can't get to the BIOS to check the status of a SATA port that's not working.  I don't see info in the link you sent to change options on the SSD.   How do I test the motherboard  SATA port or access the BIOS to check status?

HP Recommended

@DaddySS

Changes to the boot order can be done via BIOS, once you update the BIOS to the latest version, which is why I had included the link to do the same, however, if that didn't work, you could make use of the boot order menu using the F9 key instead of F10 for BIOS, here's a related case that seems to have a solution to help your cause, check this out: Click here

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.