Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion P6210Y Won't Boot Beeping Noises

Hi,

When I turn the power on, fans move, startup noises happen but monitor stays in power save mode and i get continuous beeps.

Beep..Beep..Pause..Beep..Beep.....etc.

The beeping will go on forever...please help.

I reset the BIOS with the jumpers on the motherboard and nothing...

The machine is stock.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Review these HP BIOS beep codes.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

That BIOS beep code page does not include the "2 beeps, pause, 2 beeps, repeat" code.

I have the same problem, and NOWHERE can I find 2 beeps repeating code.

Please help, thanks!

HP Recommended
hello jrwmn,

Sounds like a memory issue. I'm not sure what BIOS you do have so I can't look at the document and verify what different codes mean what, but generally speaking when it's a two beep combination or it's a combination not listed, it's a memory code.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

I have the same issues with my Hp Pavilion a6420a Windows Vista.

HP Recommended

Hello o5k33inoz,

I understand when you try to turn on your desktop it just beeps, is that correct? I will be happy to help you .

When it beeps does it have a pattern? Example: does it beep twice then pause and beeps again or beeps 3 times and pause, anything like that?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Hi RedRose0528,
Thanks for your quick response. It beeps continously, as in non stop. I have to turn on and turned off to stop the beeping noise.
I can't remmember how many times I turned it off. Hope you can help me with this beeping noise.Many Thanks
o5k33inoz
HP Recommended

@ o5k33inoz,

I would like you to first do a hard reset.

1. Remove all cables and connections from the computer including the power cord
  2. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
  3. Just reconnect the mouse, keyboard, monitor, and power only

When you turn the computer on immediately start tapping the F9 key on the keyboard. If it is successful it will lead you into the PC diagnostics and run a series of tests.

Let me know if you are able to run the tests, and if you are able to let me know your results.

Thanks 

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Im so sorry RedRose0528, nothings happen. Its still beeping. Do you think its the hard drive or memory? Many thanks again.

o5k33inoz
HP Recommended

o5k33inoz,

That’s what I am leaning towards but that is just a hunch. I would like you to reseat your RAM if you are fine with doing that. Here is a document that should help you if needed. Once you get the access panel opened remove each stick individually, once done reinsert the RAM and try to boot again. I know the document says upgrading RAM but there is a section that shows you how to get to the RAM.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.