cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PK291
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Pavilion p6310f hung at logo HP . not going to be start and showing lines when accessing BIOS.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6310f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please if somebody could solve .

HP Pavilion p6310f my pc is just showing a logo HP and not getting start not even going in windows and when tried to recover it hangs and showing lines when accessing BIOS .,

kindly somebody help.

Thanks HP.

5 REPLIES 5
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,751 10,747 1,000 3,026
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the support page for that model

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-p6300-desktop-pc-series/4079858/model/4107913/produ...

It indicates that is is 9 years old, which  pretty old for a PC.

This comment "showing lines when accessing BIOS" - does that mean there are only lines or that the video or picture has lines?  Can you actually read the items in the BIOS and does the hard drive show as being undetected?

If there is/was a hard drive failure then that might explain the stop in boot at the HP logo.  Of course a hardware failure might give the same systems.  Please answer the question concerning the BIOS screen and hard drive

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
PK291
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no I am unable to read anything in BIOS.

it is just showing a blur white screen. and sometimes many lines.

and just lines no BIOS contents can be seen.

Thanks for helping you all.

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Considering that and it stopping on the HP logo, it most likely is a hardware failure.  The graphics, according to the support page, are on board.

When it stops on the HP logo, is that clear?  Are there any messages?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

0 Kudos
PK291
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear I am using an external but I have tried to boot it on built in graphic chip named Nvidia but this did not solve my problem its not difficult to understand that this is hardware fault but I actually wanted to know the axact fault.

Thanks for your Support.

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again

When it stops on the HP logo, is that clear?  Are there any messages?

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation