Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27-r017ur, 2MJ77EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sometimes when I change the keyboard language using CTRL + SHIFT, the computer turns off and "Check HDMI-in Cable" is shown at the black screen. After that, the computer cannot be turned on in the usual way, using the button at the case, it doesn't respond. The button starts to work only when I disconnect and connect the computer power cable.

Tell me please how can I solve the problem. It's very annoying!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Does the PC shut down or are you losing HDMI output from the PC to the monitor? CTRL+Shift does nothing on my keyboard.

I am in the USA. My keyboard does not have a language change function. You may have this option.

The check CDMI-in cable error message is unknown to me. Do you mean check the HDMI-in cable?

I really don't know why changing the keyboard language would cause a computer shutdown or a loss of video to the monitor. I have never had a keyboard with a language toggle function.

Your problem is highly unusual!

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello!

Sorry, I confused the abbreviation, it's HDMI not CDMI. Look at the screenshot http://joxi.ru/vAWzkjWi109MZ2

I can't say whetehr the PC shuts down or the monitor loses HDMI output from the PC.  Will check this next time and reply here.

But I'm sure the black screen appears only after I change language by the keyboard switch. It's 100% true.

HP Recommended

Hi VladDianov,

I believe you.

I have never seen an event like this since working with PCs (1987).

I have no idea what is happening.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.