Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion 23-q255na not turning on

Pavillion 23-q255na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer won't turn - not even a flicker of light - and I've followed all the prescribed Troubleshooting steps. What else can I try?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,246 26,201 2,181 3,348
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mwfmahony

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the computer is not powering anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did you check for physical damages on the power port?
  • Have you attempted to check with an alternate power cord or wall outlet?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan) 

  

You could replace the defective parts using the HP Parts surfer for a nominal fee if you wish to replace the part on your own: Click here 

Alternatively, simply Contact HP for setting up a repair service via phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I can confirm that the power supply has been checked for damage, and the computer has been tried with an alternative wall outlet. I don't have an alternative power supply cable to try. 

The computer hasn't suffered any accidents- it was working fine up until a week or so ago.

Thanks,

Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,246 26,201 2,181 3,348
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mwfmahony

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

As advised earlier, I suggest you get yourself a replacement power supply cable at a friend with the same model,

If the friend doesn't have the same model as yours, perhaps you could have a local tech near your place check that out for you? it's worth a shot.

If it works at the store and yet, the one you have doesn't work, you could simply find the part number using the HP Parts Surfer & replace it from the HP Parts Store or if the device is out of warranty, simply replace the cable at the local store.

That said, the only other thing to do if both cables (yours and the alternate from the store) doesn't work or you aren't comfortable check with the local tech store, please use my last advice from the previous post to get your device repaired as this is a hardware malfunction.

I hope that clarified your concerns, if it didn't, feel free to write back with the details and I'll do my best to help you out.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation