• post a message
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavillion All In One desktop remains in sleep mode

HP Recommended
hp 23 q105na i5
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I recently purchased a HP Pavillion All In One PC through PC World. The issue I now have is the PC fails to wake from Sleep Mode. Every time the PC goes into sleep mode I'm unable to wake it by moving mouse or hitting any keys on keyboard. The only way I can wake the PC is by powering down (switching off) and restarting PC. As a contingency I currently have power settings for screen and PC set to NEVER go to sleep. The PC is still under warranty and PC World have offered to investigate the issue in their workshop, but this really worries me as they apparently have no intention of discussing the issue with HP, for whom this may be a known issue with a known remedy. I would greatly appreciate some solid advice on how to proceed. Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 519
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I can only see a Warranty with PC World as being the way forward.

Depending on where in the world you are, an outright rejection of the PC and a refund/replacement rather than start a saga of repairs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks to CF4 for straightforward, sound advice. Before I throw this back to PC World it would have been interesting to get an input from HP themselves in some form. Assuming they care that is. This may well be an issue already known to themselves and if this was outlined here I could proceed with a degree of confidence. I'm in the UK by the way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 519
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi

My reply was based on that you are a UK based poster.

It is the letter that you write and take with you, and a mobile to record anything relevant that gives you a fighting chance.

Trading Standards are nice, but don't cut much ice with Curry's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ditto
I have exactly same issues
(All of a sudden February 2018 ! Extremely annoying) 11 month old Pavillion all in one desk too

I should never have to unplug my computer CONSTANTLY just to get it to WORK!

Never did this before! Until now (purchased 2/2017!)

Well maybe this is why I tried to convince my fiancé to buy an APPLE & he said NO! I always had Apple for last 10yrs & never never never had this issue (my 2008 Apple computer still works perfectly okay!)

Crazy!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation