• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion all in one PC states hard drive failure

Pavilion All in one PC model no 24-b017c

I have a Pavillion All in One desktop that keeps locking up and stating hard drive failure. I run checks and nothing found after getting frustrated and trying it over and over poof it opens up but next day usually after updates it locks up

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,992 9,988 938 2,736
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion all in one PC states hard drive failure

Warnings about a hard drive failure and the system locking up are both signs of impending doom.  Replace the hard drive and reinstall from a backup before the system shuts down.  If you do not have a backup plan, then now is the time to start, before the inevitable happens.

If the failure happens before that step is completed, then all important data will be lost.  You do not mention the Windows version, but you can reinstall Windows from a Windows 10 media (if that is what is installed) but all important data will be lost.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation