Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pav 590-p0054 ALL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't know if this is the right board, but my HP pavilion 590-p0054 gave me a bsod about a memory error, it said it was restarting, then it gave a nonpage bsod, now when I try to start it, it turns on for a second, I don't think the hard drive turns on, then it shuts off. it does this every time the light blinks. I tried to turn it on once, and I got a beep code of I believe 3 long and 4 short. can I have some help? I need this computer for work, and my laptop is no good.

EDIT: 590-p0054

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

Beep2015.png

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-590-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390500

HP Recommended

Thanks, but what about all my information?

HP Recommended

also itwas just idling during the time, I have no access to the computer whatsoever. whenever the light blinks, (the hard drive might be turning on) I hear it attempting to turn on, then when the light Is off, the sound goes away. I don't know what I did that caused it to end up like this, I don't know if a piece of hardware broke. I need this computer as soon as possible to come back to life. also, I was using it for a bit, then I left it to watch a movie, during that movie, it bluescreened with that memory error, then it said (Restarting..) then it bluescreened and said Page_in_nonpaged_area. then it attempted to restart, then we come to this point where it tries to start every time the light blinks. i'm thinking about checking the ram, but I don't know  if I should. I only keep about 4 things running, so I don't know why it just died like that.

HP Recommended

Hi

"I have no access to the computer whatsoever"

If you did then.....

I don't know what has failed.

The most likely is the RAM, and as it is a tower, take the side off and view the ram.

Remove carefully the RAM (anti-static precautions) and see if on restart the Beeps are different.

If so replace the ram and try again.

There are 2 memory slots

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-590-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390500/document/c0601...

You don't mention how much ram is fitted.

HP Recommended

8 gigabytes if that helps in any way

HP Recommended

Hi

I cannot help anymore.

Bye.

HP Recommended

I plugged in the pc after about a week or so, and it turned on the 1st time with no display, it stayed running until i shut it off.

I did it again, then it showed the black and white hp for a second, looked like it was opening a cmd window for a second, then black, then glitching all over the screen. like colored green and red lines horizontally and vertically, Glitched all over, and then i shut it off. Then I tried to turn it on, it did the same thing as before, trying to turn on every 3-4 seconds. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.