Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion p7-1380t Bios update needed to fix Time Date issue on boot

P7-1380t
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I replaced my motherboard and installed new battery because USBs stopped working and traces were burnt on observation.  New motherboard will not boot unless I hit F1 to get past a Date and Time error not stored only when I shut machine down for a few minutes.  I was told I need to update the Bios but can not figure out how to do this.  I have been trying to figure out though support but not getting anywere.  Everything works fine if I hit F1 and the time and date are correct looking at it now.  My original Motherboard came from a p7-1380t SN of 2MD236604Q and Product number A7F22AV#ABA.  If I had too I could install the original motherboard to get info.  I did do a screen shot of HP specicifcations using HP assistant and everything looks correct when I comapre to Bios in the menus but I'm no expext.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,809 5,043
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavillion p7-1380t Bios update needed to fix Time Date issue on boot

Hi,

"unknown motherboard" If it's HP then post the information.  If not HP then go to the manfacturer's support site and forum.

It might be a CMOS battery issue. Replace the CMOS battery.

It might be a CMOS jumper issue. Check the CMOS jumpers.

If the above are OK then clear the CMOS.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation