Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillon 500-343nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just added an SSD ready to use with Windows and all programs I need cloned on it,

I just Can't find any "Boot order" menu in Bios, with all list of Drives installed to use it switching the boot order.

How can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tony_Florence

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Before we begin I must let you know, that we do not support cloning of the device at HP, hence I can only provide the basic information on the same and on changing the boot order as it's not recommended by HP:

I suggest you turn off the legacy boot using these steps: Click here for details.

Once done, you may use the below steps to change the boot order:

The boot order can be configured on the Advanced tab in the BIOS settings menu. The steps for modifying the boot order may vary depending on the model of the computer.

NOTE:

BIOS configurations vary depending on the computer. For further information on a specific computer, refer to the documentation provided with the computer or go to the HP Drivers and Downloads page. The BIOS settings are generally listed in the Maintenance and Service Guide.

Follow the steps below to configure the boot order on most computers.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

NOTE:

The BIOS settings menu is accessible by pressing the f2 or the f6 key on some computers.

3. Select the Advanced tab using the right and left arrow keys.

4. Use the up and down arrow keys to select Boot Order.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tony_Florence

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Before we begin I must let you know, that we do not support cloning of the device at HP, hence I can only provide the basic information on the same and on changing the boot order as it's not recommended by HP:

I suggest you turn off the legacy boot using these steps: Click here for details.

Once done, you may use the below steps to change the boot order:

The boot order can be configured on the Advanced tab in the BIOS settings menu. The steps for modifying the boot order may vary depending on the model of the computer.

NOTE:

BIOS configurations vary depending on the computer. For further information on a specific computer, refer to the documentation provided with the computer or go to the HP Drivers and Downloads page. The BIOS settings are generally listed in the Maintenance and Service Guide.

Follow the steps below to configure the boot order on most computers.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

NOTE:

The BIOS settings menu is accessible by pressing the f2 or the f6 key on some computers.

3. Select the Advanced tab using the right and left arrow keys.

4. Use the up and down arrow keys to select Boot Order.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help,

kind regards

HP Recommended

@Tony_Florence

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute in identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

I must say, it's been a genuine pleasure interacting with you,

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.