Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Phoenix 810-150se will not boot past HP Splash Screen

HP Phoenix 810-150se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Phoenix 810-150se will not boot past the HP Splash Screen.  I am not receiving any other codes (lights or beeps) that would show that something is wrong.   

I am out of options.  I believe I tested everything that I can. 

Is there any way to test the motherboard to confirm it is bad?  

I have pulled all wires and all components, including the memory and drives with no change. 

I tested the power supply and the lights stay on, so it does not seem to be bad. 

I have reset the CMOS.  Once turned on, after the reset of the CMOS, the fan runs really fast and loud for a minute, then the computer shuts down and restarts with the same issue, just hanging at the splash screen.   

I tried another video card, but I guess it was not compatible, b/c I did receive the 6 beep code, so I put the original card back in.  Because I am seeing the HP splash screen, I am assuming the video card is working, otherwise, I would not see the HP splash screen on my monitor.

I  tried to hold down the Windows Key and B to reset the bios and nothing happens, same hang at the splash screen.   

Does anyone have any suggestions?   

If there is no way to test the motherboard, do I have to replace it with the original board IPIWB-PB (Pittsburgh2) or can I replace it with a less expensive board?

If I can replace it with a less expensive board, can you please provide some suggestions.  

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Phoenix 810-150se will not boot past HP Splash Screen

Hi

Your PC is not Power on self testing (POST).

It really looks like you have a system problem.

Try running UEFI HP diagnostics on a USB stick.

This PC shipped with Windows 8.1. HP introduced this PC in 2013. HP never provided Windows 10 support for this PC.

The best approach would be to use HP Windows 8.1 recovery media at this point.

I hope you have backed up data because an HP recovery will cause data loss.

You can still purchase HP Recovery media for this PC.

My PC:

Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Carbide 200R
i7 8700K
1TB 960 EVO
Asus Strix 1080 OC
Corsair RM650x

Tom

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation