Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G2 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I recently bought an HP ProDesk 600 G2 SFF with I5-6500 to use as a home security camera server. So far it's working great. However, I have noticed an issue when restarting the computer for any reason. Basically, it won't restart. Whenever I install an update and the computer needs to restart, well, anytime I restart it for any reason, it won't actually restart. It starts the restart process, then when it shuts down, it won't come back up, so basically, restart is a shutdown, not a restart. I have to then go to the computer and press the power button to turn it back on. Not the end of the world, but definitely an inconvenience. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any idea what may cause this or how I can correct? Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would think you may have operating system file corruption, run a check disk.

A power supply problem,

Or a motherboard problem.

Did this PC do this out of the box? When did this problem start?

Did you add hardware or update any system drivers prior to this event?

Have you tried recovering the PC to factory specs?

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.