Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have two of this computers and have the same problem on both. 

When I try to start the computer it´s only say  P07 Ver. 02.06 06/09/2017  to left on the screen and HP logo in the center.

I tryed to hit all F keys when I power on the computer but no luck.

I can´t reach Bios or boot on USB. Only this screen and then i stops there.

P07 Ver. 02.06 06/09/2017P07 Ver. 02.06 06/09/2017

Hope someone can help me.

/Tommy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tommy1959 

Just to get the terms straight, and SSD is NOT a hard disk -- those two are entirely different.

Since the SSD appears to work on another PC, and these connect directly to the motherboard, that implies the motherboard has failed in yours -- and these are extremely difficult to replace.

You should take this to a local PC repair facility to have it checked out to confirm the motherboard is bad.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tommy1959 

The HP Logo is contained in the firmware of the motherboard so displaying it does not require using the hard drive extensively. But, if your PC boot process does not get beyond that, this could be an indication that the hard drive has died -- as it then would not be able to find or load the Windows boot files.

If your PC is new enough to support UEFI, you can use these steps to test the hard drive: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

If not, to check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu.
3) press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

Please report back the test results.

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your answer, but I already tryed that. I even tryed to move the harddisk M.2 SSD to another computer and there it works so the harddrive is ok.
And I have also tried to repeatedly hit F9 to reach Boot Manager to boot from an USB but with no luck. Only get the screen with the HP logo and P07 Ver. 02.06 06/09/2017

I tryed all the F keys and ESC key while I try to start the computer.

Even if the harddrive was broken should I get an error message or something more.

Br Tommy

HP Recommended

@Tommy1959 

Just to get the terms straight, and SSD is NOT a hard disk -- those two are entirely different.

Since the SSD appears to work on another PC, and these connect directly to the motherboard, that implies the motherboard has failed in yours -- and these are extremely difficult to replace.

You should take this to a local PC repair facility to have it checked out to confirm the motherboard is bad.

HP Recommended

Hi WAWOOD!

Ok, I have four of this computers and then I can use this as a replacement pc, fan, memory, disk and other things on this pc which can be useful.🤗
Br Tommy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.