Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch 320 Won't Boot Up

HP Touch 320
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A few weeks ago, my all-in-one wouldn't turn on. I noticed that the LED indicator on the back besides to cord port wasn't on, so I bought a replacement adaptor. Now the LED blinks, but it still won't turn on. I would like a fix that doesn't involve a wipe as I have important files on there.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> now the LED blinks.

Is there a repeating pattern, e.g., "2 long, 3 short, pause" ?  That might indicate the a specific hardware problem.

> would like a fix that does not involve a wipe ...

I think that your computer has a "hardware" problem.  So, changing any "software" will not resolve your problem.

You always can remove the disk-drive -- which contains your personal files -- and connect the disk-drive to a different computer, and access/copy all your personal files.

But, I think that it is time to take the computer to a qualified computer technician, for professional trouble-shooting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The blink is just a steady blink.

I wish I could afford to take it to get fixed, but I am rather poor and got it for cheap refurbished from Goodwill. I don't want to put more into a fix than I paid for it. I was gonna take it to Geek Squad until I saw the price.

I guess RIP computer. A shame, it had decent specs.

I'm not really sure how to remove the drive? There's a panel on the back with a symbol that looks like a padlock. There's a little hole. I'm assuming there's a tool to open it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I'm not really sure how to remove the drive? 

I'll bet that there is at least one YouTube video for "disassembly HP Touch 320". :generic:

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation