6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

HP Touch Smart
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, 

So my HD Touch Smart 600 - 1150, started slowing down on me recently, I shut down the computer and started it up again and ran a diagnostics test and everything was fine until the last test which stated, "Warning, Bioshd-3", I have tried just about everything to get it back to normal and it seems nothing is working. 

Could this be the power source? New Hard Drive needed? I recently purchased a new 1TB WD blue for it but when I changed the hard drive it was giving me the, "Boot media cannot be found issue" so I thought the hard drive was damaged in transit. 

I also tried the bootrec.exe from the CMD screen and it stated that the operation was successful but I am still having problems with it. 

Can anyone help me here? 

Thanks, 

Ray 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,530 22,186 2,562 8,616
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

@raypasos, welcome to the forum.

The error message ("Warning, Bioshd-3") that you are receiving is telling you that your hard drive is failing.  If it still boots, you should make a backup of your personal data.  Then, you should replace the drive with one the same size or larger to assure that the Recovery media works properly.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

Thank you sir for the promopt response, so, I recently changed the hard drive and now I am getting the, "No boot media" black screen. 

I  hit F10 and changed the drive path as well and it's still giving me the. "No boot media" issue but if I put the old hard drive back in it fires up but won't take me pass the start windows screen. 

I have zero clue what is happening here. lol 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

> My HD Touch Smart 600 - 1150, started slowing down on me recently.

A symptom usually correlated with a disk-drive in "imminent failure" status.

> I shut down the computer and started it up again and ran a diagnostics test and everything was fine until the last test which stated, "Warning, Bioshd-3"

BIOS H(ard) D(rive) (connected to port) 3 (on the motherboard) is in "warning" status -- that is a status ranking between "good" and "fail".  This is another symptom of a failing disk-drive.

> I have tried just about everything to get it back to normal, and it seems nothing is working. 

Tried everything? Not yet.  :generic:

There is no way to "repair" a failing disk-drive, short of a very-expensive "Data Recovery Service".

They disassemble your disk-drive, and repair it just long enough to copy all your files off it.

Very expensive. Very expensive. Very expensive. Very expensive. Very expensive. 

> Could this be the power source? New Hard Drive needed?

No. Yes.

> I recently purchased a new 1TB WD blue for it, but when I changed the hard drive it was giving me "Boot media cannot be found" issue, so I thought the hard drive was damaged in transit. 

No.  The WD disk-drive is fine -- it just is "empty" -- you must install Windows onto it.

The quickest way to remediate is to see: https://www.wdc.com/products/features/acronis.html

This free software can copy, block-for-block, from your current disk-drive onto the new WD disk-drive.

If a few blocks cannot be copied, then you have copied 99.999% of the blocks.

If you are "lucky", you (and Windows) will never "need" to access the contents of those non-copied blocks.

All your personal files, and all your installed programs, will be copied, and you'll be up-and-running, within a few hours.

Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

Thank you for the boat of information, I clicked the link and here are my options Dean, which one do I choose and how do I get to load windows on the new hard drive? 

There is nothing I need on the old hard drive to be honest with you, at this point, personal wise.

My next question is, how do I get windows on this hard drive, considering I can't get the HP to fire up???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

Forgot to put the options in the previous email. 

Acronis True Image WD Edition Software

Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows

Install WD Discovery for Windows

WD Access for Windows

WD Arkeia Network Backup

WD Backup

WD Drive Utilities for Windows

WD Security for Windows

WD SES

WD SmartWare

WD Sync for Windows

WD Universal Firmware Updater for Windows

Western Digital SSD Dashboard

Which one do I use?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

On another computer, download and install Acronis True Image WD Edition Software.

Select one of its options to create "bootable" media (either one CD-recordable disk, or an empty USB memory-stick).

On your computer, connect the new disk-drive, and leave the old disk-drive connected.

Note that if you created the image onto a USB memory-stick, you can disconnect the data/power from your computer's CD/DVD drive, and connect those two cables to the WD disk-drive.

Boot your computer from that newly-created "bootable" media.

Select your "source" (the old disk-drive) and your "target" (the new WD disk-drive), and let it run.

When done, plus/minus a few "uncopyable" blocks, shutdown.

Disconnect the old disk-drive, and physical remove it.

Properly connect the new disk-drive.

Reboot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

This is helpful but I only have one port to keep one drive connected to the computer at a time, how do I connect both? Would a docking station help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

You probably have one port for the CD/DVD device.

Or, see: USB 3.1 Adapter Cable for 2.5" and 3.5" SATA Drives

to connect the WD disk-drive to this adapter, and then this adapter to a USB 3 (or 2) port on your computer.

Note: there exist other, similar, adapters, that cost 1/2 of the above adapter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Touch Smart 600

Ok, I have tried all of the above and nothing has worked, I was able to get a new windows 7 iso for the drive but now I dont know how to get the iso onto the hard drive to upload it. 

I have tried just about everything and have been successful with nothing at all. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation