Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Need your expert help! My HP TouchSmart 600 won't power on. The lights at the bottom of the desktop are flashing green. It worked fine the day before. Is it the mother board? Or a power supply issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @YUL_TechWriter,

You can go to HP Part Surfer

On the right select the country

Into the quick search enter the serial number and it come up with list of part for this computer.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @YUL_TechWriter,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I will need more information to be able to answer if it is the power or were the issue is.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Do you hear the fan running?

Are there any flashing light or beeping sound? If so what is the pattern for the lights or how many beeps?

Do you see anything on the screen? Any error message?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi Tardis40,

My product number is: EPP_00_WU962AV#ABA and it is running on Window 10 version 64-bit.

There is no noise. The fan is not running. No error messages. There is nothing on the screen.  Nothing boots.

The lights from the bottom of the desktop frame are flashing when I push the power button on the right-side of the desktop.

My hubby says that there are green lights flashing on the power bar at the same time as the white light flashes from underneath the desktop.

Hubby thinks it is the mother board. What do you think?

HP Recommended

he

Hi @YUL_TechWriter,

If there are no fan sounds, then nothing is getting power.  Can you try plugging the computer into the wall plug, not plugged into the power bar.

If the computer still will not boot and there are no fan sounds, it is the motherboard..

Please keep me informed.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello again,

The computer does not boot. No fan noise either.

What is the motherboard part/model number?

Thank you so much for your help and your quick replies!

HP Recommended

Hi @YUL_TechWriter,

You can go to HP Part Surfer

On the right select the country

Into the quick search enter the serial number and it come up with list of part for this computer.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.