Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this used Workstation couple of days ago and decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 with a USB stick.

At first it was not giving me the option to install windows and was directly booting into the previously installed windows. So I decided to factory reset the BIOS, this worked and it allowed me to install windows like I usually do.

Everything worked fine, I installed the drivers and stuff then turned it off. But when I started the system after few hours it showed me something similar to:

Initializing Intel Boot Agent.

*failed*

Then it showed the error: PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable.

After this the screen changed and it showed some "Non System Disk error" and told me to press any key after inserting the correct disk.

So I pressed ctrl+alt+del went into BIOS and changed to boot order by bringing Hard Disk to the top in both UEFI and Legacy boot sources and voila it worked.

But now every time I turn on my computer it shows the same error. If I even press "ctrl+alt+del" everthing restarts and my PC works fine. I found out that I don't even need to change BOOT order.

It just works automatically.

If I restart everything works fine but if I turn it OFF then ON the error appears again.

Please help me out anyone.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.